OPEN LAND ANALYSIS
Our planning and architectural experience can help inform the development value of a residential property. We have been instrumental in visiting land with real estate agents and buyers, and leading a discussion on how to optimize each parcel. A creative and experienced eye for master planning can unlock the potential of open land.
ALL NEW CONSTRUCTION
New construction houses have proven to be both a better value and a more creatively satisfying result for our clients. We cherish the creative opportunity which often includes stone walls and terraces in the landscape, and detailed interior features. An outline of steps involved in a full-service architectural contract are the following.
- Introduction and time walking the property
- Discussions of your interests, aesthetic sensibilities and objects or images you may collect
- Design synthesis of master plan, exterior massing, entrance, and layout of space and circulation
- Visual communication of a unique solution in the form of site plan, floor plans, and exterior sketches.
- Refinement based on meetings and discussions, of all elements and aspects of the Schematic
- Design expression of the exterior material palette, the structure, the windows and doors
- Engagement of all engineering and technology considerations
- Detailed definition of interior space and finish materials
- Translation of all design work into AutoCAD documents for construction and cost estimating
- Documentation of materials, finishes, and fixture decisions with location coding
- Project manual with evolving detail drawings and technical specs
- On-site observation of all construction work from final staking of footprint to interior paint colors
- Communication and meetings with General Contractor on regular intervals, and an “on call” basis
- Preparation of Clarification Details related to questions from carpenters and subcontractors
- Review of schedules, samples, and submittals of monthly AIA Request for Payment forms
RENOVATIONS / ADDITIONS
An initial walkthrough with you can often reveal opportunities to improve a house in both subtractive and additive ways. Renovation can be transformative, and result in a home with history and added character. The phases of architectural services are similar to that of new construction. The restoration or renovation process begins with careful documentation of your existing house in the form of architectural drawings and photographs.
ISMV is a full service studio focused on the finer details of making a house your home. Recognizing the importance of offering complete design services and of personalizing your new residence, we connect to your taste and to the sensibility of the architecture. Refined custom built-in cabinetry, furniture grade kitchen islands, signature dining room tables, decorative lighting and stone, tile and metal finishes are the just the beginning. Breese Architects and ISMV currently share an office building we designed and decorated in 2007. Our storefront studio is in Vineyard Haven, across State Road from the Mansion House. See our latest interiors images at interiorsstudiomv.com